html source for editing

ZulfadlyAshBurn

"Edit it on the page itself" - what do you mean by this exactly, in-place of each piece of content, or the whole source code is just presented for editing?

pagelime.com

Generally I think people ask how to do something on a support forum because they want to implement it themselves.

@Rifts I want to create something like that. I have tried many third party softwares but im still unable to achieve it :(

@MrAdam What i meant is that they are able to upload their own files and edit them (the files uploaded) on the website itself as a whole source using third party software like tinymce.

You need to read the contents of the file in via a function such as file_get_contents, display it within a textarea, and then overwrite it again using a function such as file_put_contents. You'd need to consider how you'd securely implement it, so they're not able to access each others files.

You can integrate TinyMCE if you wish, but that's handled/attached client-side (i.e. by JavaScript), the PHP process wouldn't change.

Your best bet is to approach it one step a time. First get the source in a textarea. Then write it back to the file. Then implement the security. Then look into TinyMCE.

You need to read the contents of the file in via a function such as file_get_contents, display it within a textarea, and then overwrite it again using a function such as file_put_contents. You'd need to consider how you'd securely implement it, so they're not able to access each others files.

You can integrate TinyMCE if you wish, but that's handled/attached client-side (i.e. by JavaScript), the PHP process wouldn't change.

Your best bet is to approach it one step a time. First get the source in a textarea. Then write it back to the file. Then implement the security. Then look into TinyMCE.

how to i echo the source in to textarea?

this is what i amble to docan you help me with the teaxtarea?

<?php 
$file = file_get_contents ('index.php'); 
Echo $file; 
?> 

You just quite literally echo it between the tags. In-case there's a closing </textarea> within the source however, you need to escape the data to entities with htmlentities:

<textarea><?php echo htmlentities($str); ?></textarea>

The mark-up will still appear the same within the textarea, however if you look at the source you'll notice - for example - a <p> tag looks like <p>. This means when the user saves, you need to decode the data before you write it back to the file with html_entity_decode.

when the user save, it saves the file but when it is viewed, it looks different o.0

edit.php

<?php 
$file = file_get_contents ('index2.php', true);
?>
<html>
<head>
<title>Editor</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<form method="post" action="save.php">
	<p>
		My Editor:<br />
<textarea name="editor1"><?php echo htmlentities($file); ?></textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function()
{
	CKEDITOR.replace( 'editor1' );
};
</script>
	</p>
	<p>
		<input type="submit" />
	</p>
</form>
</body>
</html>

save.php

<?php
$editor_data = $_POST[ 'editor1' ];
$a = htmlentities($editor_data);
$b = html_entity_decode($a);
$fileurl = "index2.php";
$fp = fopen($fileurl, 'w');
fwrite($fp, $b);
fclose($fp);

?>

$a = htmlentities($editor_data);
$b = html_entity_decode($a);

The problem is that you're encoding the encoded data (so it's encoded twice), then decoding it back to the once encoded data. You have to remember that $_POST['editor1'] has already been encoded, you just need to decode it:

<?php

// get the encoded data

// decode it
$editor_data = html_entity_decode($editor_data);

// set filename
$fileurl = "index2.php";

// write to file
file_put_contents($fileurl, $editor_data);

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.