Voting System with Verification

snwspeck

Basically I am writing my own voting system but I have a few problems and I would like to address them all in one post rather than three.

First:

The first thing I need help with is using CURL to check if a user actually voted at the remote top list website.

Two:

I need maybe a source script of a 10 digit hash generator that will display the hash generated and will insert it into the database

This is currently what my hash generator looks like but I need someone to help me change it so that it will echo the actual hash generated and inserts it into the database,

<?php
function gen_md5_password($len = 6)
{
    return substr(md5(rand().rand()), 0, $len);
}
?>

Three:

I need some sort of way to tell the database that if they hash is not used within 24 hours, it will just dump or delete.

Basically I am writing my own voting system but I have a few problems and I would like to address them all in one post rather than three.

First:

The first thing I need help with is using CURL to check if a user actually voted at the remote top list website.

Two:

I need maybe a source script of a 10 digit hash generator that will display the hash generated and will insert it into the database

This is currently what my hash generator looks like but I need someone to help me change it so that it will echo the actual hash generated and inserts it into the database,

<?php
function gen_md5_password($len = 6)
{
    return substr(md5(rand().rand()), 0, $len);
}
?>

Three:

I need some sort of way to tell the database that if they hash is not used within 24 hours, it will just dump or delete.

I'm only going to reply with some theory for you to think about:

1. I would recommend using AJAX instead of CURL

2. I would go with nafetski's suggestion for your 'uniqid', If you really want to get crazy you can MD5 hash your uniqid ;)

3. There are two ways I would go about achieving your last request:

a. Using a chron that you can run every hour/day/year...etc and deletes all hashes older than 24 hours

b. Put something in the script that uses the hash that deletes it before use if it's 24hours old

for the hash stuff you will be working with the date() function most likely, although there are other options you can look into.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.