mkdir error

fizzzgigg

Okay I finally got some bugs worked out, but after further testing I found new bugs.

The variables $loggedinid and $pid are working. I am receiving the following error:

"An error occured:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\5366560\html\file_upload\server\script.php on line 131"

Now when I go to line 131 in script.php

mkdir("../uploads/$loggedinid/$pid", 0777);

What should my next step be? I am not sure where to start.

Adam

A quick thought to add...

There is the uploads folder, but there is no folder for $loggedinid nor $pid. Could this error be the result that it needs to actually make two folders. 1st being for $loggedinid and the sub-folder to that would be for $pid.

If this is a possibilitity how would I create two folders...? as in do two commands for mkdir?

Adam

I don't know what you're trying to do, but I'm guessing you're going to want to create the directory if it doesn't exist. You'll need to do each directory one-by-one, so do a check first for the $loggedinid, then the $pid and create as you go.

So you'll do a file_exists check first of that directory and if it's false, then do mkdir to create it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.