Optimization for uncalled Functions.

omkarkhair

I am using a PHP include file for my site, which includes validation functions used throughout out the site. Like string type, alphanumeric values, etc. Its completely customized for the types of user inputs the site takes.

The problem is, each page uses only about 2-3 functions from the whole list of 16.

One of the pages gives a memory_get_usage() of 748KB. If I remove the Inluded file, it goes down by 200KB. While the include file is of 4KB and the test page is 2KB.

I am looking for a method to optimize the memory allocation. I dont want to write the code separately for each file.Is there a method to optimize for uncalled functions?

Thanks in Advance.

If I remove the Included file, ...

Ummm. Clearly that prevented your code on your page from executing fully, either directly due to fatal runtime errors (functions on longer being defined), or indirectly because you altered the remainder of the code on the page somehow.

It would take seeing all the code that produces/reproduces the the symptom in order to be able to specifically help you (in programming that is rarely one answer that fits every situation, without knowing exactly what that situation is.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.