$agDN =        "myDN";

$agUserName =  "myUserName";

$agPass =      "myPassword";

$login = new SoapClient($agLogURL);

$login->aglogin($agDN, $agUserName, $agPass);

//    $login.service.agLogin($agDN, $agUserName, $agPass);

?>

When I run the script, here's the resulting error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soap:Server] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AgemniLogin.agLogin(String dn, String username, String password) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- in C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\agsync\syncwork.php:12 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call('aglogin', Array) #1 C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\agsync\syncwork.php(12): SoapClient->aglogin('myDN', 'myUserName', 'myPassword') #2 {main} thrown in \htdocs\agsync\syncwork.php on line 12

Not sure if you'll need more info on the SOAP services, but the info is here:

http://wiki.agemni.com/Getting_Started/APIs/Agemni_CMS_Sync#Method_details

Really could use any help anyone can offer:

yes I did. I guess I have to refresh myself on using objects with php. it's been a while since I've done any coding and the service was expecting the login parameters to be passed as an object.

Here's what the working code looked like, in case someone else has a similar problem:

$agLogURL =    "https://www.agemni.com/_snet/AgemniLogin.asmx?WSDL";

$myLogin->dn =        "myDN";

$myLogin->username =  "myUserName";

$myLogin->password =      "myPassword";

$login = new SoapClient($agLogURL);

$results = $login->aglogin($myLogin);

It will work with an array for the params (inputs) aswell, doesn't have to be an object. the SoapClient will convert both arrays and objects into the XML Soap envelope.

It's good practice to use a try/catch structure when working with webservices because the SoapClient will throw an exception in your code if there is any problem with the SoapServer, which of course may be out of your control.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.