Which is better reloading the whole page or reloading division with ajax?

colap

Hello,

I have links at above of the page. if i click a link a new page will appear.

The menu links above are same for all pages.

Which is better reloading the whole page with all menu links or keeping the above menu link permanent/unchange reloading bottom division with ajax?

I mean only one page will contain the menu.Is it better?

Or every page will contain the menu above.Is it better then the first one?

I say many web site they have link menus above if i click a link from above it seems the whole page reloads or chages.

For example:http://www.sitepoint.com/

Thank you.

Sorry, but I got confused by your use of 'above'.  Above the page = Stuff not on the page but on top, like an address bar or a toolbar.  The top of the page = Stuff on the page at the top.  Above the content = Stuff not in the content, but on top of it (but still on the page).

AJAX involves the client (the person/computer browsing your page) to allow JavaScript.  I personally turn off JavaScript because I don't want to hassle with its vulnerabilities, pop-ups, or pages that won't close.  Also, I prefer functionality over 'flashiness' and don't believe in requiring proprietary add-ons or plug-ins.

So I'd recommend having a page without AJAX navigation or if you go the AJAX route, provide an alternative.  It'll also score you brownie points with search engines.

Yeah, there are various client side MVC (models are server side - requested via Ajax) frameworks around which allow urls to change while still using Ajax to load the page. I'm not convinced it's the right approach, not for all occasions anyway.

Yeah, there are various client side MVC (models are server side - requested via Ajax) frameworks around which allow urls to change while still using Ajax to load the page. I'm not convinced it's the right approach, not for all occasions anyway.

Ahh that's it! hmm..I think it's good enough. Of course, this all assumes js is enabled. You're always going to need to degrade gracefully should js be disabled.

I can't wait for the new web. Ajax is really taking over, ey?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.