Related words captured from a text

etrader

I am not sure if this can be done with an automated script really, because the script lacks the understanding of meaning. maybe ask your users to give some keywords in relation to the script.

You could of course explode the whole string and count the stuff, but that would end you up with a lot of crap i think. I think this is something only humans can do.

What do you think of considering long words (e.g. with more than 8 characters), then all common words like "of" "the" will be omitted. It is not perfect, but at least it works :)

any idea?

I would create a wordlist of common trash words you don't need. Count the words, extract most common, filter out the trash words using our list.

That should be easy enough. Even removing 1000 common 'trash' words would greatly reduce any text to 'key words'.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has a better way. You might also consider looking at some 'key word' extraction apps in php. Search about, not sure if they exist and only one way to find out ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.