Height of a sidebar in a website.

Howlin1

I have used css to a certain extent.

But what I would like to know is; how to change

this

this.png

to this

this2.png

Essentially I want the sidebars in the first link to extend down to the bottom of the users browser like in the second link. At the moment I have that working with some javascript and I want it done with php instead.

At the moment I have that working with some javascript and I want it done with php instead.

PHP executes on the SERVER and has no idea what a browser is let alone its window size.

I'm sorry, but how come you are able to get PHP to print to the users screen, what browser, browser version etc the user has?

I'm sorry, but how come you are able to get PHP to print to the users screen, what browser, browser version etc the user has?

Certain information is sent to the server when a user makes a request. You can use this information to attempt to detect a users browser type.

The size of your screen / browser window is not sent along with this information.

Ah okay thanks, I'm still pretty much a noob at php.

Is there any other language it could be done in? I am asking because since I have it in javascript, users might have Javascript disabled or maybe their browser doesn't support javascript (for whatever reason). Or will I need to go to another forum and ask?

It needs to be done client side, and Javascript is the most widely supported client side language. That's it I'm afraid.

What your asking can be done in css however, you shouldn't need any programming language. If your stuck, ask your question in our CSS help board.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.