Insert a variable into a URL for $_GET later

Nightmareinhell

Hello! I was wondering if this could be done... I want to take a variable, and insert it into a URL for a $_GET on a different page?  Basically Its a member website, and I want the admin to be able to "accept" or "deny" the application... So i have a page that displays all the applications, and I want it to take him to a different page with all the user's information in detail.  Right now it only displays their name, but when the admin presses the link, it takes them to a more detailed page about the applicant, where they can then "accept" or "deny" the application....

Here is what i got so far...

$character_name = "Nightmareinhell";
<a href="admin_evaluate.php?name=$character_name">$character_name</a>

Here is the error I get from the code above

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\wamp\www\admin_acceptapply.php

Thanks to any help!!!!

You're just throwing a string in there (<a href="admin_evaluate.php?name=$character_name">$character_name</a>) after you assign the value to $character_name. That's why you're getting the error. What are you trying to do with that string? Echo it?

Sorry I did not put enough information down :P Yes, Its in a loop that displays all the application names (for the purpose of this post.. i just threw in $character_name = "Nightmareinhell";, it really gets its value from a database)

But... Here is more of my code i guess you could say...

$character_name = "Nightmareinhell"
$name = "<tr>
				<td><a href="admin_evaluate.php?name=$character_name">$character_name</a></td>
			</tr>";
	echo $name;

I want it to where when you click on that link, I'm able to grab name by using:

$character_name = $_GET['name'];

Thanks!!

You're trying to use unescaped double quotes within a double quoted string. When using quotes of the same type that enclose the string, they need to be escaped with backslashes as below.

$character_name = "Nightmareinhell"
$name = "<tr>
                     <td><a href=\"admin_evaluate.php?name=$character_name\">$character_name</a></td>
            </tr>";
      echo $name;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.