Need help in building a dynamic query to database for 8 individual select boxes

bhanu507

Hi,

I had a form which contains, 8 select boxes. In those 8 select boxes, 3 of the boxes are interlinked, like, I am able to generate data in other 2 select boxes, if one box is been selected. i.e. based upon selection of one select box, and i am able to generate data in other select box. So, 3 select boxes are interlinked. And remaining 5 selects are optional, if the user selects, then we need to generate data based upon selection of the user.

Here the main issue is how to grab data in the post back form, like, how to capture the number of selects boxes selected and what are those selected, and based upon that we need to generate data.

Here one more important thing is that, in the report generation form(postback form), I need to show the data in a table. So , in table I had 9 columns and these would be common to whatever the selection made, but, only the requeired data would be changed based upon the selection of the remaining 5 optional boxes.

Hope you got me!!!!

Hi,

I had a form which contains, 8 select boxes. In those 8 select boxes, 3 of the boxes are interlinked, like, I am able to generate data in other 2 select boxes, if one box is been selected. i.e. based upon selection of one select box, and i am able to generate data in other select box. So, 3 select boxes are interlinked. And remaining 5 selects are optional, if the user selects, then we need to generate data based upon selection of the user.

Here the main issue is how to grab data in the post back form, like, how to capture the number of selects boxes selected and what are those selected, and based upon that we need to generate data.

Here one more important thing is that, in the report generation form(postback form), I need to show the data in a table. So , in table I had 9 columns and these would be common to whatever the selection made, but, only the requeired data would be changed based upon the selection of the remaining 5 optional boxes.

Hope you got me!!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.