Post keeps adding ''

smproph

Right now I have a search option on my site that searches the database for whatever the user puts in. Well then they can click on a record and they can edit it. What I am trying to accomplish is whenever a user clicks to edit but then decides that was the wrong record they can hit a back button and it will show them their results with what they typed in earlier. If they just click the back button on top they get a "Do you want to resubmit the form".

I tried the

<a href="#" onclick="history.go(-1);return false;" class="mtn">

Find out that only works on Safari and that isn't good code.

Then I tried this...

<input type="hidden" name="qry" value="<?=$qry_str?>">

$qry_str is my "SELECT" statement and I am just sending it to my update page as a variable with the POST.

On my update page I pull the variable, save it in another one and send it back to the search page if the user clicks the back link. However it keeps adding a '' on both sides of the criteria everytime I send it to a page.

For instance, I have: SELECT * FROM tasks WHERE 1 and Owner='cnj'. Then I echo on my update page and its SELECT * FROM tasks WHERE 1 and Owner=''cnj'', then I click the back link and get this: SELECT * FROM tasks WHERE 1 and Owner=''''cnj''''. It is doubling them up everytime.

Code on the update page looks like this if you wanted to see

<?php $search=$_POST['qry'];?>
<FORM name="form1" action="searchtasks.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?=$search?>"></FORM>
<a href="javascript: submitform()">Back</a>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.