WSOD 1st attempt at posting New to php and mysql

littlegeek

At the fear of bothering all you, I will post here hoping that I am in the write section. I am new to php and mysql. I am using such to develope a webpage for my new business. I do believe that my php scripting is turned on because I have one script that "works". However when I take the wheel and write a script of my own and try to view it all I get is a blank white page and no errors nor anything that I wanted to display. I have tried numerous attempts at tiring to get anything to show up all I can ever seem to do is "echo" something anything else is null in displaying. Please feel free to take a look. http://72.28.26.162/rc/  phpinfo.php is accessible if you insert it after the last / (http://72.28.26.162/rc/phpinfo.php) I am at a loss. :shrug: I have spent hours looking for something I miss during set up or with my procedure. I thank whomever my help me in advance.

I am running ubuntu server 10

Apache/2.2.16 port 80

(Please advise if you need anything else)

thanks

You should be developing on a system with display_errors on, and error_reporting at it's highest level. In your php.ini file, find the following directives and set their values as shown, then restart Apache.

display_errors = On

error_reporting = -1

Well A+ great thank you for that I have errors now!  :)  I'll have to look in to what I did wrong. I’m sure I’ll be writing again but I will research well before hand. Thanks again

Please have a look if you wish. I always like a little constructive criticism.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.