http://minecraftservers.comyr.com/search.php

<?php
session_start();
include("includes/mysql.php");
include("includes/config.php");

?>

<title><?php echo $title; ?></title>

<?php
echo "<a href='../index.php'>Home</a> | <a href='start_upload.php'>Upload</a> | Search & Browse | <a href='/news'>News & Announcements</a> | <a href='logout.php'>Logout</a><hr>";

$search = $_POST['search'];

if(!$search)
{
	echo "<form action='search.php' method='POST'>Search: <input type='text' name='search'><input type='submit' value='Search'></form>";
}
else
{

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM mods WHERE name LIKE '%$search%' OR description LIKE '%$search%'");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query))
{
$x++;
	echo "#". $x .": ". $row['name'] .".[VIEW]<br/>";
}
if($x=="0")
{
	echo "No results found.";
}
else {
	echo "<br/>".$x." results.";
}
}
include("includes/footer.php");
?>

Whenever you type in something without spaces, it works perfectly. When you do add a space, it basically goes blank. :/

you will need to cleanse the search data, to make sure php doesn't interpret the spaces as anything other than a space. I can't think of the functions of the top of my head, but a simple google search should find something you need. It will convert spaces into &nbsp (I believe).

So look into cleansing of input text.

Denno

you will need to cleanse the search data, to make sure php doesn't interpret the spaces as anything other than a space. I can't think of the functions of the top of my head, but a simple google search should find something you need. It will convert spaces into &nbsp (I believe).

So look into cleansing of input text.

Denno

Doesn't that nbsp function add a space? If so, how do this help? The code already has a space when someone types in a space manually.

no, do not replace spaces with the html entity   unless you expect   to actually be in the data.

$search = (isset($_POST['search']))?$_POST['search']:false;

if(!$search) {
    echo "<form action='search.php' method='POST'>Search: <input type='text' name='search'><input type='submit' value='Search'></form>";
} else {
      if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
         $search = stripslashes($search);
      }
      $search = mysql_real_escape_string($search);
      $sql = "SELECT * FROM mods WHERE name LIKE '%$search%' OR description LIKE '%$search%'";
      $query = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());

// Now, loop over results.

}

updated to replace $result with $query

no, do not replace spaces with the html entity   unless you expect   to actually be in the data.

if(!$search) {
} else {
      }
      $sql = "SELECT * FROM mods WHERE name LIKE '%$search%' OR description LIKE '%$search%'";

// Now, loop over results.

}

updated to replace $result with $query

Still does the same glitch, and I updated my code accordingly.

<?php
session_start();
include("includes/mysql.php");
include("includes/config.php");

?>

<title><?php echo $title; ?></title>

<?php
echo "<a href='../index.php'>Home</a> | <a href='start_upload.php'>Upload</a> | Search & Browse | <a href='/news'>News & Announcements</a> | <a href='logout.php'>Logout</a><hr>";

if(!$search) {
} else {
      }
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query))
{
$x++;
	echo "#". $x .": ". $row['name'] .".[VIEW]<br/>";
}
if(!$x)
{
	echo "No results found.";
}
else 
{
	echo "<br/>".$x." results.";
}

}
include("includes/footer.php");
?>

Doesn't that nbsp function add a space? If so, how do this help? The code already has a space when someone types in a space manually.

All I said was this is what I think the cleansing functions will do. Read more carefully and don't assume things.

Denno

How about don't be an ass?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.