Any FREE membership subscription scripts?

Skylight_lady

In what way would you like a membership service? For people to sign up to a newsletter, or so that people have access to different parts of your website?

You can find heaps of tutorials on how to do this yourself, should you want to save the $$$

Denno

It's not a newletter subscription. It's a membership subscription so that and users that have subscribed to a package have access for 30 days, 90 days or 1 yr.  I have an idea how to do this but will need to learn more about cron jobs as i'll want the cron job to bring dwn the days eg 30 credits assigned to the 30 day subscription and if that is set to 0 credits it will have to disable account.

Can you point me to a tutorial on this?

I'm not sure what you mean by cron jobs, but the way I would implement your membership system is by the following:

User signs up, a database entry is created with their username, password, (any other details), sign up date, and expiry date, depending on the package they choose (so add 30, 90, 365 days to the current date, and place that in the expiry date).

When a user logs in, check database for their username/password, if found, set a session variable, then check the expiry date. If the current date is passed the expiry date, then they no longer have access to the extra stuff, and are told so, however their account isn't deleted or anything, so they can top up thei credits.

Tutorial (series):

Enjoy

Denno

I have it sorted thanks. Your option is another way.

What i did - For different subscription packages. Each user will have credits like 30 credits for a 30 day subscription period. And a cron job will run every day to decrease these credits by 1 day. Anyone with no credit will have their account disabled. If they top up then more credits will be added to their subscription.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.