Adressbook - how to add more fileds to this one

dilbertone

Hi dear freaks

i want to create an adressbook with MySQL. At the moment i  do not know how many fields i need.

i want to be flexible with that - at least in the next days... Untill i am sure how many fields i really would need.

i have found a Dump that allready is build for a Adressbook - i found this one in the internet.

http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26305&start=0&sid=633a3f317b08dc6d8e555a81ed10538f&view=print

# phpMyAdmin SQL Dump # version 2.5.7-pl1 # http://www.phpmyadmin.net # # Host: localhost # Erstellungszeit: 04. September 2007 um 16:37 # Server Version: 4.0.20 # PHP-Version: 4.3.7 # # Datenbank: `joels` # # -------------------------------------------------------- # # Tabellenstruktur f�r Tabelle `address_book` # CREATE TABLE `address_book` ( `address_book_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `customers_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `entry_gender` char(1) NOT NULL default '', `entry_company` varchar(32) default NULL, `entry_firstname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `entry_lastname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `entry_street_address` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '', `entry_suburb` varchar(32) default NULL, `entry_postcode` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '', `entry_city` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `entry_state` varchar(32) default NULL, `entry_country_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `entry_zone_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`address_book_id`), KEY `idx_address_book_customers_id` (`customers_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ; 

can i use this - and can i easily add more fields... ?

lookforward to hear from you

Regards

db1

Hi there - hello BlueSkyIS

you can add more fields to any table you like. perhaps i don't understand the question?

Well - what if i want to migrate 10 (Adressbook-)DBs into one.

They look a bit different:

Adressbook 1: 	name	adress 	eMail	tel		Telefax	       portrait	

Adressbook 2: 	name	Company aresss: postalcode 	Telefon: 	Fax: 	E-Mail:	Internet: 

Adressbook 3: 	name	address	tel	fax	email	homepage		

all ten look like a bit different. How to treat this migration  of ten tables into one big DB!?

Hope i was able to make clear what i want. If i have to be more precise - just lemme know

Many thanks in advance

regards

db1

Hello Ignace

many many thanks for the idea - that sounds very very good.,

BTW;

As i already have the addresses in tab separated format

What aobut this: I can create 10 different tables (or less according to the different formats) and loaf the into the database using load

data infile command MySQL :: MySQL 5.1 Reference Manual :: 12.2.6 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax .After this i can used the commands posted by you to create a new table with your new address book format.

what do you think about this!

look forward to hear from you

best

db1

see also: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-data.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.