Echo 10, then stop, then echo the next 10?

Joshua F

If you're just trying to get two columns of 10 results each, have a look at this post, otherwise if you're wanting to echo 10 results, echo other data, then echo 10 more results, you can either use an array, or two queries with the appropriate LIMIT clauses.

So, if I want to echo 10 results, then go to the next column and echo 10 more I'd use that thread you linked to?

Well, I guess it really depends. If it absolutely has to be like this, then no, the link isn't what you need.

If this will work, then you can do this with the info in that link.

I have no idea what the accordions are. Are they javascript/JQuery/whatever?

Anyhow, the get the information from the database, you'd build the query string as normal, and store the results in arrays. For simplicity, I'll assume there will be one field, 'name', returned from each record. This is how I'd do it, but this may give you an idea for another way to do it yourself. Once the values are in arrays, you can manipulate them however you need to. Note that I didn't take into account any error handling, or what to do if there are less than 20 results returned.

$query = 'SELECT `name` FROM `table` LIMIT 20';
$result = mysql_query( $query );
$i = 1;  // initialize a counter and two empty arrays.
$right_array = array();
$left_array = array();
while( $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result) ) {
    if( $i < 11 ) { // if $i one of the first ten results, it belongs in left column
        $left_array[] = $row['name'];
    } else {  // if it ain't in the first ten results, it goes in the right column . . .
        $right_array[] = $row['name'];
    }
    $i++;
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.