Remote Includes

The Letter E

Hey people!

I'm currently working on an free API that i will be sharing with the web community in the next few months and had a question that much of this project hinges upon:

Is there a way to allow a remote include of one php file from my server?

Case:

I am allowing 2 ways for users to access the APi:

1. Using AJAX or cURL accessing a REST method over POST or GET (This part is already functional)

2. Allowing an include of the API Library

I'm not sure if it will be completely opensource yet, only free, this is why I don't want to simply provide the source files to users.

Example of what I would like to do:

<?php
include('http://mysite.com/myAPI/classLib.php');
?>

Anybody have a solution for that??

Thanks in advance,

E

including a remote file via include or require only makes a http request for the file. this means you only actually receive the output of the included file, not the functions or variables contained within it.

There is no way to do this without users actually downloading code that you provide..

if your looking to maintain an updated version of this file you can put it on the server that needs to include it, then have a cron job on your server upload newer versions of the file to the remote server, so you need only update the file on your server

if your looking to maintain an updated version of this file you can put it on the server that needs to include it, then have a cron job on your server upload newer versions of the file to the remote server, so you need only update the file on your server

I think you might have misread the ops question.

including a remote file via include or require only makes a http request for the file. this means you only actually receive the output of the included file, not the functions or variables contained within it.

There is no way to do this without users actually downloading code that you provide..

That's what I thought. looks like I'll just stick to the REST Api and probably add a SOAP server later.

Thanks for the help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.