Table content went out of alignment after apply php code

genzedu777

Hi all,

1) I realised after applying php's codes, the contents in 'panel 2' doesn't stay within 'panel 2', apparently the contents went outside of 'panel 2 <div>'. Attached is the picture example. Is there anything amiss which I have done?

2) Another thing, I realised the <td> is very far apart from the next <td>, example...

if (!empty($row1['uni2'])) {
echo '<tr><td class="label">Faculty or Course:</td><td>' . $row1['uni2'] . '</td></tr>';
}

<td class="label">Faculty or Course:</td> is apparently very far apart from <td>' . $row1['uni2'] . '</td>

As you can see it in the attachment. How do i close up the wide gap? Thanks

echo '<div id="panel2">';

/***University***/

echo '<table>';
			if (!empty($row1['uni1'])) {
				echo '<br/><tr><td class="row_header">' . $row1['uni1'] . '</td></tr>';

if (!empty($row1['uni2'])) {
				echo '<tr><td class="label">Faculty or Course:</td><td>' . $row1['uni2'] . '</td></tr>';
			}
			if (!empty($row1['uni3'])) {
				echo '<tr><td class="label">Results:</td><td>' . $row1['uni3'] . '</td></tr>';
			}		
		}
		echo '</table>';

echo '</div>'; //End of Panel 2

[attachment deleted by admin]

I would imagine it's something to do with CSS more than the code. Unless there are heaps of spaces printed or tab characters. Have you checked the source of the page in the browser to see if this is the case?

You could try setting the table cell widths to a specific number and see if that helps..

Denno

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.