wrong result from DateTime::diff()

amelio

I copied and pasted the code below from php manual, http://www.php.net/manual/en/datetime.diff.php, I should have got the result of '2' as they did but I got the result of '6015'.

I can't think why this would be. Any help appreciated.

$datetime1 = new DateTime('2009-10-11');
$datetime2 = new DateTime('2009-10-13');
$interval = $datetime1->diff($datetime2);
echo $interval->format('%R%a days');

Did you look at the comments for some of the workarounds for PHP versions less than 5.3?

I actually have 5.3 installed on my WAMP set up, but I still get the same error that you're getting. It's very weird..

Let us know if any of the work arounds do the trick for you

Denno

I found a listing that gets the right answer...

$date1 = new DateTime("2009-10-11"); 
$date2 = new DateTime("2009-10-13"); 
$interval = $date1->diff($date2); 
echo "difference " . $interval->y . " years, " . $interval->m." months, ".$interval->d." days ";

I'm not sure how 'm' gives the months remaining after the years have been calculated and 'd' also knows the remainder of days after months have been accounted for but it works that's the main thing. I'm wondering if the original listing didn't work because I am on a windows machine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.