Forgot Admin Password - Help - Can't get back in! NOOB!

SgtJohnnyCanuck

Howdy,

I am new to PHP and I have not worked on the forum for a couple of months.  Well, I can't sign in!!!  :o  I am a real noob at this.

Any help greatly appreciated.  The return email is not set up.  So, I can't get a reset going.

Can I pull the password file and start again?  How can I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Oh...lol...try explaining yourself better:

"I am new to PHP and I have not worked on the forum for a couple of months"

Thought you meant you'd not been here for a couple of months. Would explain why you only have 1 post as you had to reregister.

What forum software are you using? You should be able to edit the database directly, just need to know what encryption, if any, the forum uses.

LOL

See the NOOB in the subject!  :)

OK, here are the specs as I can describe them, remember... noobie here!

a) I am using PHP

b) Powered by SMF 1.1.8

What else can I tell you.  I have no users, just me as I am setting up the look of the forum.

For the life of me, I can't remember the password I used to log in.  I am hoping I can go on my server, pull a file like Admin.php, change a line, upload it and basically reset the password.

Is this possible?

I am stuck in the LOGIN page.

Where I have to put my user name and password.  Unless I get in, I can't access phpmyAdmin.

I also can't access any tables!

Or, am I missing something here.  I checked out the links and they don't seem to apply.

I can get to the server, no problem.  I can download all the .php files and open them in GoLive.  I can view the source code and change any line.

That seems to be the limit of what I can do unless I am missing something.

I have 4 test users that sign in no problem.  My admin user name seems to have a problem.  Is it possible this corrupted.

Where are the DATAFILES stored?  Why can't I access these files and make changes.  You would think there is a master file somewhere with this data and you can go it and change it.

I will contact the host of the server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.