NOOB Help Needed - Login Script

g8rnc

I need help with the attached script.  I am using ipage.com to host and when I log in with credentials that have been placed in the database I just get the login prompt coming up every time.  There is no die action that says access failed or anything.

[attachment deleted by admin]

What have you done to debug this issue?  Are you sure you're not logged in and the login screen just isn't being hidden?

I would start by echoing out inside some of your if statements to see where it's getting caught up.  Also echo out some of your variables like '$token' &  '$row[3]'.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

I put echo statements on line 10, right after the if (isset) statement.  I also put an echo on line 18, right after the elseif statement.  I also put an echo on line 25 right after the if ($token == row[3]).  When I ran it, I saw none of the echos.  It still did the same thing and when I hit cancel on the login screen it takes me to a page that says "Please enter your username and password", which is on line 41.

I also tried to put an echo on line 7 before the if statement and when I open the page I get the echo followed by this message: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web016/b161/ipg.mysite/authenticate2.php:8) in /hermes/bosweb/web016/b161/ipg.mysite/authenticate2.php on line 44

I also wanted to note that it doesn't matter if I type in a correct username/password or an incorrect username/password, the pop-up box to login still pops up.

I put echo statements on line 10, right after the if (isset) statement.  I also put an echo on line 18, right after the elseif statement.  I also put an echo on line 25 right after the if ($token == row[3]).  When I ran it, I saw none of the echos.  It still did the same thing and when I hit cancel on the login screen it takes me to a page that says "Please enter your username and password", which is on line 41.

So your

$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']

and/or

$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']

aren't being set.

I also tried to put an echo on line 7 before the if statement and when I open the page I get the echo followed by this message: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web016/b161/ipg.mysite/authenticate2.php:8) in /hermes/bosweb/web016/b161/ipg.mysite/authenticate2.php on line 44

That's fine.

Why would those not be set?  Sorry, I have some programming background, but I just started teaching myself PHP and MySQL.

I googled my issue and found someone saying if phpinfo() shows CGI/FCG under the Server API section that there is no way to do what I am trying to do.  I ran phpinfo() and under Server API it says CGI.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.