php full text search

c_pattle

I'm trying to get a good full text search working but am having some problems.  Below is the sql that I am using to perform the search.  One of the problems I am having is that the search only seems to be working on full words.  Also if I misspell a word such as "seacrh" rather than "search" then no matches are found.  Is there a way to return results even for misspelt words?

match(author) against('search_phrase ')

Thanks for any help. 

"seacrh" and "search" are two different words, I should hope they didn't have a match.

If needed something like similar words as you described would take enormous work, you would need to manually do word associations for every possible item someone would search for.

Is multiple ways to do searches, is like,match and then can use normal index, then full_text.

I personally use a mixture, but for the main searches I made full text indexes in mysql for the values looking into.

I use booleon mode.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-boolean.html

You can do full,partial,beginning,ending,exact phrases,only one word and so on.

If want to find words with at least 3 letters need to change this

ft_min_word_len=3

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.