Whats wrong with my query

mike12255

ive looked at this for a while now and im not sure whats wrong, the error occured when i entered $cat and catagory into it, without that the query works perfectly fine, any help appreciated.

<?php
INSERT INTO newnotes (uid, name, catagory, location) VALUES ('1', 'test', '1001 Laws - Polceing', '/home/mikeh/public_html/uzEr Upl0ds/Alyssa O'Leary.doc')

the <php tag is only to give color and make it less dull the query is from a die($query) statment

I think it is because of the ' before Leary. This will place /home/mikeh/public_html/uzEr Upl0ds/Alyssa O in the location value and then simply place Leary.doc') after it, which should be the reason of your error.

To fix it, I guess you could put it in a variable? Like:

$filename = "/home/mikeh/public_html/uzEr Upl0ds/Alyssa O'Leary.doc"

I think that should work (not certain)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.