Combining HTML code and PHP code in PHP functions?

YigalB

Can I combine also HTML code in PHP function?

For example, can a PHP function include HTML form and the PHP code to handle this form?

If yes, this will make my main code much more smaller and readable.

If not, is there a way to define an "external macro" like, which allow me to replace pre-defined lines of code with short alias?

If my functions are defined at the top of the file, wouldn't it cause their lines to appear on the web page, just because the PHP parser ignored them?

Does it mean that the PHP knows to use the HTML lines inside the functions only when the functions are called by the main program?

I was sure it's not allowed, because as far as I knew, PHP cares only of code between the PHP tags, so it would pass the HTML code as is because it's on the top of the file.

I guess I needed confirmation. I am still learning the logic of the language. Sorry.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.