Wordpress Search Tweaks

Roger S

I have been trying to get the search function to do what I want it to do. (WP and NextGen Gallery)The site that I’m working on is a stock photography site, without blog posts. I want the search to return results based on keywords. I have accomplished that. What I’m having issues with is I would like the gallery results returned to the page (which I have also accomplished) but when there are no results, a message about no results and the search box. Currently, it returns the message and search box, whether or not there are results.

I have to say that what I know about PHP will fit on the head of a pin but here is the code so far (a mixture of codes found through forums). I’m sure this is quite simple, but then, so am I!

<h1 class="page-title"><?php printf( __( 'Search Results for: %s', 'twentyten' ), '<span>' . get_search_query() . '</span>' ); ?></h1>

<?php if (ngg_images_results() ) : ?>
<?php echo ngg_images_results();?>
<?php else : ?>
       <div id="post-0" class="post no-results not-found">
	<h2 class="entry-title"><?php _e( 'Nothing Found', 'twentyten' ); ?></h2>
		<div class="entry-content">
		<p><?php _e( 'Sorry, but nothing matched your search criteria. Please try again with some different keywords.', 'twentyten' ); ?></p>
		<?php get_search_form(); ?>
		</div><!-- .entry-content -->
</div><!-- #post-0 -->
<?php endif; ?>

And yes, I have been to the WP Forums to no avail-so thanks for your help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.