http://www.nealeweb.com/members.php

nealec

Hi i followed a tutorial to create a register, login, members list and member profile pages but when i register, login and go to members list, the page its blank, i viewed the source code for the members page and its clearly trying to show something but i dont know what to do? Can any body help me please.

members.php:

<?php
session_start();
require 'database.php';
$nuser=$_SESSION['user'];
$auser=$_SESSION['admin'];

if($nuser){
$userfinal=$nuser;
}elseif($auser){
$userfinal=$auser;
}
if(isset($userfinal)){
$Members = mysql_query("SELECT username FROM user WHERE level ='1' ORDER BY level DESC") or die(mysql_error());
$numRowsMembers = mysql_num_rows($Members);
?>

<table border="0">

<?php
for($count = 1; $count <= $numRowsMembers; $count++)
{
    $name = mysql_fetch_array($Members);
    ?>

<tr>
    <?php
    echo '<td><a href="member_profile.php?username=' . $name['user'] . '">' . $name['user'] . '</a></td>';
    ?>
    </tr>

<?php
}
} else {
echo "You are not logged in. Please log in to continue";
}
?>
</table>

Source code for members.php:

<table border="0">

<tr>
    <td><a href="member_profile.php?username="></a></td>    </tr>

<tr>
    <td><a href="member_profile.php?username="></a></td>    </tr>

</table>

Hi guys i am back again, i have tried integrating the script into my page design but an error has appeared that i do not understand. most of it is hidden because the font color is the same as the background but it says:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/aretheyh/public_html/nealeweb.com/index.php:16) in /home/aretheyh/public_html/nealeweb.com/index.php on line 2

here is the link to the page where the error appears = http://www.nealeweb.com/index.php

I did read it but it makes no sense to me i am sorry, i have no coding or php experience so i dont understand all the session starts, echos, outputs or any of it.

It's only been 15 minutes, it's hard to believe you really tried to read/understand/fix the issue.  Like BlueSky mentioned, you CANNOT have any output before session_start().  Please post the first 10 lines of your current code.

I did read it before i posted.

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>New Page 6</title>
</head>

<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0">

<div align="center">

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.