curl error 7

DenRomano

Sorry, I should have gave more information.  It is checking my own sites that are alive and not blocking my own IP.  Sometimes it makes it and sometime it does not.

It is not that it could not connect it says it did not connect due to "No buffer space available".

I did notice that if I run it as a cron job it fails much more often then if I call the url from by desktop computer.  When it runs as a cron job it runs as a user but when I call the url from my desktop it runs as apache

thanks

Ahh yeah, most likely is the limit on your max total connections for your server congiguration

If on a windows box is also an eventid patch to allow more connections

or

launch the registry editor by Start, Run and type regedit

in the left pane navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

create the entry TcpNumConnections by right clicking in the right pane and choose new from the menu and select DWORD Value

give it the name TcpNumConnections

right click it and select modify and enter a value of 200

restart server

you  should probably increase any low apache or mysql limits that could prevent you from doing more as well, such as timeout,max connections, memory

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.