Extends in php

ngreenwood6

I was wondering if there was a class that I could extend that extends the main class in php. For example all of the classes that I am creating will extend the core class or will be extending a class that extends from the core class. However if the class doesnt exist then it will throw an error. What I would like to do is be able to handle this error instead of just throwing the error so I was hoping that there was a class that I could extend the core class from to handle these errors. This way I can use the magic method __get() to handle the error. If there is another way to go about this please let me know so that I can look into that solution.

I would use __autoload() in your situation.  That would only work if the extended class of the core class doesn't have an error.  If the extended class of the core class has a child class that reverts back to the extended class within a child class of the core class, none of these functions will work.  Then you would have to us __toString().

For example all of the classes that I am creating will extend the core class or will be extending a class that extends from the core class.

That sounds like a terrible idea. Why would *all* your classes be of the same type?

For example all of the classes that I am creating will extend the core class or will be extending a class that extends from the core class.

That sounds like a terrible idea. Why would *all* your classes be of the same type?

I'm sorry, I took this post as satire.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.