html DOM

nkoronka

Hi there (first post),

I'm trying to learn how to manipulate html with PHP and DOM. I'm fairly new to this.

The problem I seem to be having seems to be server related. I've spoken to the support people and they say they don't support simple html DOM and so when I try to call-

file_get_html()

fatal errors occur.

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction here- are there any available hosts that will support simple html DOM?

Any advice appreciated. If you need more info let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Quite right, ok here's the error and code-

Fatal error: Call to a member function find() on a non-object in /home/histo760/public_html/findlinks.php on line 10

<?php

// Create DOM from URL or file

$html = file_get_html('http://www.google.com/');

// Find all links

foreach($html->find('a') as $element)

echo $element->href . '<br>';

?>

Cheers

You download this as BlueSkyIS mentioned, you can even read the tutorials and examples.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplehtmldom/files/

Upload the new simplehtmldom folder to your website.

Every time you use simplehtml dom code you must include the file simple_html_dom.php once before you call any dom code.

You can place simple_html_dom.php in the same folder as your script is, or can refer to it from the new simplehtmldom folder, that is up to you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.