Ajax Im Integration

nealec

Hi i have just installed ajaxim on my site but im not sure how to integrate it with my login system, on the site someone said

'You will have to cre­ate your own library that authen­ti­cates against your exist­ing data­base. It would be use­ful to look at the var­i­ous library scripts that are included with Ajax IM.'

Now i have had a look at the files they suggested but it makes no sense to me what so ever, can somebody please help  me.

it makes no sense to me

Without any specific information on what it is that makes no sense to you, there's really no way of answering.

Help forums can only directly help with specific questions, specific errors, or specific problems with code.

Specific questions are things like - my log in system uses an ->is_logged_in() method to return the status of the current visitor but the IM system is directly testing a session variable in its code. I have posted, with a label telling you which is which, the relevant code from each showing what I am taking about. How can I adapt the IM code to use the ->is_logged_in() method?

Specific errors are things like php parse errors, runtime errors, warnings, and notices, or sql query errors. I am getting the following error when I run my code. Here is the actual error message and the relevant code needed to reproduce the error.

Specific problems are things like - when I submit my form, the form processing code does ___________. Here is the relevant code needed to reproduce the problem and what data values I have.

I can however suggest that you need to define what it is you are attempting to do before you try to do it.

Ok when i set up the ajaxim i noticed it created some tables on my database, one of them is ajaxim_users, i already have a table called user for when people log in to my main site, i simply want the ajaxim to detect users from the table that i already have, 'user' so that the people registered on my site dont have to re register with the ajaxim, i have looked through all the files that come with the ajaxim and i cant seem to find where its says to look for users in ajaxim_users so i can just change it to ' user'

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.