OO Var Collision, Am I going CrAzY???

drtyrell

Okay, real simple issue, hopefully someone has a simple solution. I have a single web page that needs to connect to TWO different databases. I've written everything in OO, and I'm getting a crazy situation where vars seem to be bleeding into each other. The problem goes like follows:

I declare two SEPARATE database instances like so:

require_once '/blah/classes/db/class.DBCMS.php';
require_once '/blah/classes/db/class.DBC.php';

$db1			= new DBC();
$db2			= new DBCMS();

I then pass in the $db(n) variables to a separate class to be used to process data like so:

$publisher		= new htmlCreator1($db1);
$publisher		= new htmlCreator2($db2);

My problem is thus: INSIDE the respective different classes, my references to the $db vars seem to be colliding between instances. So $this->db->connection from db2 is referencing db1. The objects are defined like so:

class htmlCreator1
{
     var $db;
     function __construct($db)
    {
        $this->db = $db;
     }
}

Shouldn't the respective $this->db's maintain their own namespace without extra work? I'm getting errors saying that tables in db2 aren't in db1 because of this collision as per the internal db instance vars. I have experimented with renaming all respective vars to unique names and still get the error.

I'm crazy aren't I?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Dr.

Alright you geniuses. Here's the solution found on stackoverlfow dot com:

"The next parameter to mysql_connect is $new_link, can you try sending in a true there and see if it helps?

$this->connection = mysql_connect($host, $username, $password, true);"

With TRUE one gets unique connection objects. If you don't know, just say you don't know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.