Playing .flv file with PHP

colap

PHP has no association with flash at all. They are 2 completely different entities. To play a flv video in a browser you require a player such as JW Player. The players are usually controlled via Javascript objects. Of course you can use a php function to create the HTML / Javascript if you wish i.e

<?php
function videoPlayer($flv) {
$html  = "<script>\n";
// javascript script code here
$html .= "</script>\n";
return $html;
}

print videoPlayer('/path/to/test.flv');
?>

http://www.longtailvideo.com/players

We will not do the job for you. This forum is about assisting people with issues in their scripts or suggesting solutions to problems. If you want someone to do the job for you I suggest you post in the freelance board for paid help. We do expect you to at least have a go at tackling the problem before asking for help.

As I have already stated, php is not used in client side technologies (unless used via AJAX, different topic..) such as flash, php is a server side technology. Video players that support flv, HTML5, etc, are controlled through Javascript API's. One of the most popular is JW Player. The documentation is clear and easy to understand.

Please read if you require a video player on your website to play your flash video files.

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/jw-player-for-flash-v5

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.