MySQL Update not working for 1 value, but working with other values

monkeyj

When I echo the POST, it echoes the correct value.

The MySQL portion seems to just ignore it all together.

I've tried changing the dropdown option to just a text field, same thing occurred.

I have text fields right above this particular one that update just fine with the SAME exactly scripting.

if POST, update query, done. Works.

This one for some reason will not.

MySQL portion:

if ($_POST['bUpdate']){
			mysql_query("UPDATE `Patients` SET `b` = '$_POST[bUpdate]' WHERE `id` = '".$_GET['id']."'");
		}
echo $_POST['bUpdate'];

Form Portion:

<tr onmouseover="color(this, '#baecff');" onmouseout="uncolor(this);">
    <td width="310" colspan="2" align="center"><span class="fontoptions">Postcard Status </span><br />
<?
if ($data['b'] == 1){
	echo '<select name="bUpdate"><option value="1" selected>Yes</option><option value="0">No</option></select>';
} else {
	echo '<select name="bUpdate"><option value="1">Yes</option><option value="0" selected>No</option></select>';
}

?>
</td>
    </tr>

Figured it out.

It theoretically was supposed to work everytime.

The problem I had was putting it under a if($_POST) because the item will ALWAYS be posted for a radio button.

Regardless, I removed the if($_POST) command and just told it to Update it regardless of any 'change'...

and it detects it just fine.

Thanks BlueSky, cause during the debug, I put a line of code OUTSIDE the if command and it changed. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.