Ideas on how to do an android lock screen type of secure login

sptrsn

I have a little php site that looks up data in my crm database quickly and easily on my iphone.

Right now it's wide open because I'm in and out of it all day and trying to input uid/pw into a secure login page is a pain in the rear. (we're not talking about sensitive data here and I'm the only user.)

So, I would like to design a screen with several large graphic buttons and be able to touch those buttons in a specific sequence that would functionally allow a secure login.

Similar in concept to the android screen lock. You touch a sequence of numbered buttons and voila, the screen unlocks. It does not open a text field for data entry into two separate fields.

So if my access code was 1,2,3,4 and the screen was divided into quarters with a large number on each one, I would touch the buttons in that order and it would open the main page.

How would this best be accomplished? Is there a php function to essentially build a variable through successive key presses? then with a final submit it would just check that against a "secret code" and allow access.

Thanks for any input. 

I see three possible approaches:

1. PHP only. This would require you to submit the page on each button click. Since there will be a slight delay after each button click I wouldn't go this route.

2. Javascript only. This would provide the best performance. But, the "code" would be required to be set within the HTML code. But, since you say this isn't for security purposes that might be acceptable.

3. PHP + JavaScript: Use JavaScript to keep track of the button presses until the user is complete, then submit the page for PHP validation by submitting the page normally or through AJAX.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.