help me with an array of values

CyberShot

I am working in wordpress and things are going good. I made a form, filled it with values and have been able to store those values in a database using a wordpress function. Now my issue is that I want learn how to write them into an array and store them that way. I have been looking at several different ways but can't figure out how to code it. This is my code now

function add_slider_box(){
	global $post;
$imageurl = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imageurl', true );
$imagelink = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imagelink', true );
$imagecap = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imagecap', true );

?>
<div style="width: 50%" class="sliderbox">
        <p><label for="imageurl">Image Url: <br />
            <input type="text" class="widefat" id="imageurl" name="imageurl" value="<?php if( $imageurl ) { echo $imageurl; } ?>" /></label></p>
        <p><label for="imagelink">Image Link: <br />
        	<input type="text" class="widefat" id="imagelink" name="imagelink" value="<?php if($imagelink) { echo $imagelink; }?>" /></label></p>
        <p><label for="imagecap">Image Caption: <br />
            <input type="text" class="widefat" id="imagecap" name="imagecap" value="<?php if( $imagecap ) { echo $imagecap; } ?>" /></label></p>

<button class="remove_slide button-secondary">Remove This Slide</button>
    </div>
<?php

}

function bigBusiness_save_slider_options($post_id){
global $post;	

if( $_POST ) {
	update_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imageurl', $_POST['imageurl'] );
	update_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imagelink', $_POST['imagelink']);
	update_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imagecap', $_POST['imagecap'] );
}

}

so the update_post_meta function is what is saving the information into the database. How do I put that into an array? I was thinking

foreach($_POST as $slides)
    $slides[] = array(
               'imageurl' => '$_POST['imageurl'],
               'imagelink' => $_POST['imagelink'],
               'imagecap' => $_POST['imagecap'];
            );

I have been able to use the data out of the database by creating a function

function get_half_slider_slides() {
global $post;
$imageurl = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imageurl', true );
$imagelink = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imagelink', true );
$imagecap = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'imageurl', true );

return array( $imageurl, $imagelink, $imagecap );
}

and then calling that function in my code like this $slide =  get_half_slider_slides();

I thought since it returned an array that I would be able to do this $slides['imagelink'] $slides['imageurl'] but it doesn't work. What I am trying to do is populate the nivo-slider ( http://nivo.dev7studios.com ) with images from the database. I have been following a tutorial but since the license on the tutorial doesn't cover reusing the code, I am trying to rewrite it in a way that doesn't violate the license agreement. This code is so far is hacked together but completely different from the tut. Can you help?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.