php links from an array

jacklindsay90

hi guys i need a bit of help, im trying to build a page which lists all orders in the database, and next to each order put in some links. 

i could do this fine, but i've now changed certain things and each user has certain permissions.

my table is like this

_users

firstname | lastname | login | password | groupid

_usergroups

groupid | groupname

_usergroup_permissions

groupid | area | subarea

all should be self explanitory, but in the permissions table `area` refers to the page (orders, customers, system) and `subarea` refers to the actual permission (Add, Edit, Delete, Manage)

using the following script, im trying to:

1 - trying to get all the orders

2 - getting the groupid from the users table

3 - getting the permissions for the particular user's group

$qry = mysql_query("SELECT o_id, sales_id, job_number, accounts_id, cust_id, status 
    FROM `_orders` ORDER BY o_id DESC LIMIT 50") or die(mysql_error());
    while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($qry) ) {
		$sql1 = sprintf("SELECT `group` FROM `_users` WHERE `login` = '%s'", $_SESSION['user']);
	  	$qry1 =	mysql_query($sql1);
	  	if(!$qry1){	die('could not query:' . mysql_error());}

$sql2 = sprintf("SELECT `subarea` FROM `_usergroups_permissions` WHERE `gid` = '%s' AND
				 `area` =  'Order' ", mysql_result($qry1, 0));
				$qry2 =	mysql_query($sql2);
				if(!$qry2){	die('could not query:' . mysql_error());}

my group permissions are set to Add Edit and Delete, but there are additional privilages.

what i want to happen is for each user that logs in, next to each order are links and depending on if they have the permission, the link will be shown.

i tried using the following code in the while loop but it only showed upto the second if statement, and nothing else

$link = "<a href='#'>View</a> | "; // show regardless of permissions (THIS WORKS

if($racc == 0){$link .= "<a href='#'>Pick Up</a> | ";} // shown if the accounts id isn't set (THIS WORKS)

if($qwerty == Edit ){

$links .="<a href='#' onclick='return false'>Edit</a> | ";} //Shown if the permission level says the user can Edit (THIS WORKS)

if($qwerty == Delete ){

$links .="<a href='#' onclick='return false'>Delete</a> | ";} //Shown if the permission level says the user can Delete(DOESN'T WORK)

if($qwerty == Approve ){

$links .="<a href='#' onclick='return false'>Approve</a> | ";}  //Shown if the permission level says the user can Approve (DOESN'T WORKS)

if($qwerty == Acceptance ){

$links .="<a href='#' onclick='return false'>Acceptance</a> | ";}  //Shown if the permission level says the user can Acceptance (DOESN'T WORKS)

I asked about this on another forum and they said its because $qwerty cant be everything  :-\ and that i should look at using an array, unfortunately that has an undesired effect.

so to summaraize...for me the page should look like

order  -    salesman    -  customer  -  VIewLink | Addlink | Editlink | Deletelink | Approvelink

but for someone who (for example) doesn't have the ADD and Delete permissions

order  -    salesman    -  customer  -  VIewLink | Editlink | Approvelink .

if NONE of that makes sence, i can provide links and try to explain again. but what i want is different links to be shown depending one what permissions a user has

thanks for any help (sorry for waffling on a bit...its getting to that time of the day ::) )

Jack

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.