For loop Question

eildydar

Hey guess I have a question about For Loops. I'm very new to php so please forgive anything stupid I am doing :) The follow code shows what I am trying to do with my for loop. It works great except that the $sizu value is spread out over all the fields. So instead of saying 150 in the first record set it prints 1 and then in the second record it prints 2 etc. Any idea what is causing this? If you need to see the rest of the code let me know I'm just trying to save bandwidth at first.

for ($i=0; $i < count($var); $i++)
{
$quer = ("SELECT sbbx0, sbsizu FROM dwoshp WHERE sbfile = '$_POST[order]' and sbbrnu = '$_POST[location]' AND sbvaru = '$varu[$i]'");
$res = mysql_query($quer);
while($r = mysql_fetch_array($res)) {
    $quant = $r['sbbx0'];
    $sizu = $r['sbsizu'];
}
$query_AddDots = "INSERT INTO tempresult(variety,grade,cont, quantity, size) VALUES ('$var[$i]', '$invgrade[$i]','TP','$quant', $sizu[$i])";
$AddDots = mysql_query($query_AddDots) or die(mysql_error());
} 

sorry at the end is a select * from tempresults; and instead of printing

Variety    Grade    Cont    12346      150

Variety    Grade    Cont    126          120

instead it prints

Variety    Grade    Cont    12346      1

Variety    Grade    Cont    126          5

Okay I fixed one problem and came up with another. I took out the [$i] from the end of the $sizu variable. That made the first line output correctly with 150 but the second line is also 150. It looks like the following

RED DELICIOUS    WX      TP      49    150

RED DELICIOUS    WX      TP      49    150

I think it has to do with the $var being the same because if I query for a different order number it outputs correctly as shown below

DANJOU PEARS      US1    TP  180    54

BOSC                    US1    TP  120    48

ORGANIC DANJ      US1    TP  180    212

ORGANIC RED        USX    TP  180  212

$query = ('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tempresult(variety varchar(50), grade varchar(50), cont varchar(50),quantity varchar(50), order_num varchar(50), location varchar(50), size varchar(50))');
    $result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
    $query1= ('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE invoicegrade select dmcongr.cggrdu, dmcongr.cgrseq, dmcongr.cggrdi, invgradejoin.cggrdu AS invgrade FROM dmcongr INNER JOIN dmcongr AS invgradejoin ON dmcongr.cggrdi = invgradejoin.cgrseq');
    $result1 = mysql_query($query1) or die(mysql_error());
    $query2= ('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tempGrade(SELECT t1.invgrade, dwoshp.sbfile as ordering, dwoshp.sbbrnu as brand FROM invoicegrade t1 left join dwoshp on t1.cggrdu = dwoshp.sbgrdu where dwoshp.sbfile = "'.$_POST[order].'" AND dwoshp.sbbrnu = "'.$_POST[location].'")');
    $result2= mysql_query($query2) or die(mysql_error());
    $query3=('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tempVar(SELECT dmconvr.cxvrnm, dwoshp.sbvaru, dwoshp.sbsizu, dwoshp.sbfile as ordering, dwoshp.sbbrnu as brand FROM dmconvr left join dwoshp on dmconvr.cxrseq = dwoshp.sbvar WHERE dwoshp.sbfile = "'.$_POST[order].'" AND dwoshp.sbbrnu = "'.$_POST[location].'")');
    $result3=mysql_query($query3) or die(mysql_error());
    $query6=('SELECT invgrade FROM tempGrade');
    $result6 = mysql_query($query6);
    $query7 = ('SELECT cxvrnm, sbvaru FROM tempVar');
    $result7 = mysql_query($query7);

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result6)) {
        $invgrade[] = $row['invgrade'];

}                             
    while($rows=mysql_fetch_array($result7)) {
       $var[] = $rows['cxvrnm'];
       $varu[] = $rows['sbvaru'];

}

for ($i=0; $i < count($var); $i++)
{
$quer = ("SELECT sbbx0, sbsizu FROM dwoshp WHERE sbfile = '$_POST[order]' and sbbrnu = '$_POST[location]' AND sbvaru = '$varu[$i]'");
$res = mysql_query($quer);
while($r = mysql_fetch_array($res)) {
    $quant = $r['sbbx0'];
    $sizu = $r['sbsizu'];
}
$query_AddDots = "INSERT INTO tempresult(variety,grade,cont, quantity, size) VALUES ('$var[$i]', '$invgrade[$i]','TP','$quant', $sizu)";
$AddDots = mysql_query($query_AddDots) or die(mysql_error());
} 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.