How do i send $value to a class in my HTML doc?

pappakaka

Where is your HTML document?

This is a very vague question.

The code in my previous post is in a file named class.register.php and i want it to send the $value (witch holds the error messages if you typed something wrong for example) to a class in my HTML file witch is located in "../register.php". Don't know if it's even possible but i think it should be? 

You can use sessions to make variables pass from one file to another.

If you're including the html file (that is actually a php file, it ends it .php), AFAIK the scope should allow you to access it anyway.

PS: Look at Smarty, it's really good for doing php+html.

Ok i really need help with this question.

I have 1 file with the HTML form (register.php). And 1 file with PHP code to handle the HTML form upon registration (class.register.php).

When you register and for example enters "emailaddress.com" instead of "email@address.com". class.register.php creates an error message saying something like "Please enter a valid email address".

If i have this HTML code in my register.php file:

<div class="messages"></div>

And i want to send the error message "Please enter a valid email address" to my div class (<div class="messages"></div>). How could i do that, would be great with an example?

To make the long story short:

I want something in my HTML file to show the errors that the PHP file makes and not the PHP file.

I don't mean anyting specific, just want too know a way too do it.

Here's an example:

public function show_errors()
{

foreach($this->errors as $key=>$value)
       SEND $vaule TO (register.php) class="messages"  <----- something like that?
}

public function valid_data()
{
if (empty($this->username)){
      $this->errors[] = 'You must enter a username!';
}
}

And then the HTML form would look something like this:

<div class="messages">You must enter a username!</div>

And in CSS i would have already set the position, width, height, color etc. of the div element.

I know you can't type SEND $value TO and stuff like that, but just to show more what i mean if it makes sense?

Yes, i posted a similar question yesterday but it seems to be a hard problem to solve cause i couldn't get an answer or i'm not explaining it clearly enough!

Don't make a new post for the same question.

For the second time, that's not an HTML file if it ends in .php. It's still a php file. I told you once to look at using Sessions, and also to look at Smarty, but that might be too complicated.

Yes, i posted a similar question yesterday but it seems to be a hard problem to solve cause i couldn't get an answer or i'm not explaining it clearly enough!

Don't make a new post for the same question.

For the second time, that's not an HTML file if it ends in .php. It's still a php file. I told you once to look at using Sessions, and also to look at Smarty, but that might be too complicated.

Oh i must have missed you previous post! But thank you, i will start looking into sessions and smarty! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.