Basic quotes problem

farad

Hello there. Well this problem maybe basic but is kind of annoying me. I havea solution to it which I wil lexplain.

I have created a .php document which has html codes as well. It is a form that provides validation, for arguments sake lets say it is a form that validates if a user has entered their username and password, if not it will produce an error.

The problem I am having is I have embedded the code inside the echo

"

code is here

";

Now I have looked at escape characters and tried afew things, yet it still produces the same error on the same line.

Example

echo

"

!!!!!!!<form action='book.php' method='post' onsubmit="return checkForm('flogin');">!!!!!!

The reset of the form is here .....

"";

echo

The area highlighted in exclamation marks is where the area occurs, due to the quotes.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

When using quotes of the same type that enclose the string, you must escape them with a backslash.

echo "This is a string with \"double-quotes\" and 'single-quotes' in it. Notice the \"double-quotes\" are escaped because \"double-quotes\" enclose the string.";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.