Switch action

Charlie_paul

Hello everyone from a php newbie,

I have a option selections box and need to select an action depending on the results.

Its for an insert script for items into a Database and depending on the chosen option it add the picture to the DB table

The selection options are

<select name="extension" style="font-size:18px"><option value="pdf">PDF</option><option value="zip">ZIP</option><option value="powerpoint">PowerPoint</option></select>

the Swtich is

switch $_POST['extention']{
              case 'zip':
              echo $insert_image = $_POST['extension'].'winzip.gif';
              break;
              case 'powerpoint':
              echo $insert_image = $_POST['extension'].'ppt.gif';
              break;
              default:
              echo $insert_image = $_POST['extension'].'products/pdf.gif';
              }

Would someone please tell me if this is correct syntax?

Or have i got it horribly wrong!

Thank you for your a help

Charlie

many people here are skilled at PHP. but no one has the ability to look at code, parse the code and run it in his/her head.

learning PHP involves making mistakes, fixing them, making more mistakes, fixing those mistakes, etc., ad infinitum. if you don't try anything, you will never learn.

Hello,

I understand that, and i shall try it out later, have commented it out now, all i was asking really was whether the code looked ok as it was, i.e syntax was correct

i changed it now to an elseif statement that i know will work, just having a play with switch.

Thank you all for your help

Charlie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.