Need a solution for passing variables in php

kappity

Ok, well basically i'm not sure if this can be done or not.  Basically I have a IM type bar for my website similar to facebook.  It's from CometChat.com.  Anyway the place to edit the links to all the modules for the bar are done in the config.php file.  What I'm trying to do is put a link for users to click to go directly to their profile on the site.  To do this i get the user's ID, and reference it to the mysql database, get the nickname, pass it to a varaiable and plug the variable into the url in the config file.  The problem I'm having is when I run ANY mysql commands in the config file it kills the CometChat script from showing at all on the site.  I'm not sure why since the whole config file is in php... so i don't see how mysql statements would keep the script from showing.  Another Idea I thought about was running the mysql statements in another php file and somehow get that variable from a php code in the config.php file.. but i'm not really sure what code will run the mysql file and return the variable i need.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

OOpsss.. I guess a bad sql syntax would mess it up! lol.. i checked it over and over.. guess sometimes we should take a break.  But now I do have one more error...  It won't allow me to put the variable into the url... it's set in an array and it's just recognizing it as a string and not a variable... heres a sample of the array.

$trayicon[] = array('profile','Profile','[$profileurl]','','','','','');

I've tried with the brackets, without the brackes, with out the quotes (doesn't take the url anywhere but the same page)... not sure how to get the variable to show

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.