Some coding help....

louroberto

Could some one please guide me to a possible script to accomplish this task....

I want to pull and display two separate things that are in two separate places and display them as one link on a page. I have figured out how to display the data to a page and also how to display the files to a page separately but need to accomplish this and join the 3 things together.

I have a library table in the database that stores the product_code and product_name

example:

pk-pen(product_code) traditional fountain pen(product_name) ---- (this is where I need to get the data from)

Then I have a folder on the server that is called library that has the pdf files in it. Each pdf file has the same name as the product_code that is in the database.

example:

pk-pen_ins.pdf

What I need to accomplish is grabbing the product_code and product_name for the database and then go to the folder on the server and add the correct pdf file with that data and display it as a link on a page for customers to download. bee struggling with this and pasted code that i have to do each task separately but cant seem to get it all in one script to do the above. I understand that this could be asking for a lot here but I am new to this and would be forever in debt to your kindness. Thanks on this in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.