Help with displaying content from two fields that equal the same

ace2721

Hi Guys

what I need to do is display data from two different tables that equal the same value in a specific field

Table one has

ID        Title        Course      content

table two has

ID        Title        Start date      End date

I need a query that says if title from table one matches title from table 2  then will display the start and end date from table two

sorry if this is really simple I am a newbie

thanks inadvance

I dont know exactly how to do it, but I know that you're going to want to look at Joins. You will join the two tables using the ID and title, and then you can easily echo out the dates.. Again, I don't know how to do this off the top of my head. I could easily do a Google search, find out and then tell you, but it will be much more beneficial to you if you Google it yourself :).

Denno

The mysql query should look like this:

$r = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM table_one LEFT JOIN table_two ON table1_field = table2_field");

LEFT JOIN takes every record from `table one`, and attaches the records from `table two` for which the specified condition is true.

ace, try read through this page: http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqljoins.php

Another member "harristweed" linked it to me in a thread I recently started and it solved my query. I think what you are trying to do is pretty much exactly what they cover in this tutorial, using Joins.

*edit

Actually, ignore that - I see this thread has already been marked as "Solved"!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.