strip_tags issue when stripping <Span style> tag

tinmanbf

Hi All,

Hope you can help, I'm having problems with the strip_tags code, I'm having problems getting it to work with certain tags, the code below shows my issue:

$print_description = <span style="color: #ff99cc; font-size: large">4 x BLUE handmade clay feet</span>

$print_description = strip_tags($print_description); //remove html because of danger of broken tags

I've cut down the code to show the problem. So I want to strip the Span tags; the problem I am having is as soon as you have a style attribute with more than one attribute and you use a ; symbol strip_tag will strip the entire content of the <span>AND ALL THE TEXT IN THE MIDDLE</span>.

I want to just be left with '4 x BLUE handmade clay feet'

If I take the ; out and just have one style it works fine. I am using tiny_MCE so don't have the option not to use what it makes me use.

I've searched the net and have tried a few things to make it work but now I'm at a loss.

Any help would be gratefully received.

if i delete one of the attributes so I just have:

$print_description = <span style="color: #ff99cc">4 x BLUE handmade clay feet</span>
$print_description = strip_tags($print_description); //remove html because of danger of broken tags

then it works fine but as soon as I add the second attribute ...  ; font-size: large .... it stops working?

Here is some more of the code, maybe it's not that part that is causing the issue:

if ($max_description != 0) {
                 $description = stringsplit($print_description, $max_description); // so lets only show the first xx characters
                 if (strlen($print_description) != strlen($description[0])) { $description[0] = $description[0] . ".."; }
                 $print_description = $description[0];
              }

I sorten the output so could the ; be effecting this part of the script?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.