Loop Condition with if statment

fife

I have a while loop that works fine but when I add an if condition within the loop it does not echo the if condition.  I'm trying to echo an extra row in the table if the number of clubs returned is > 2

<?php 
	for($i = 0; ($ClubDetails1 =  mysql_fetch_assoc($ClubDetails)) && $i < 2; $i++){  ?>
  <tr>
    <th scope="col"></th>
    <th scope="col"><?php echo $ClubDetails1['name']; ?></th>
  <?php
    if ($i > 2) {
  echo "<th scope=\"col\"><a href=\"club_page.php\"> More </a> </th>";	
}
?>
  </tr>
  <?php } ?>

I thought that might be the case.  The thing is im trying to limit the amount to 2 but at the same time if the total count is greater than 2 in the first place to echo a more button. Ive even tried;

<?php 
	for($i = 0; ($ClubDetails1 =  mysql_fetch_assoc($ClubDetails)) && $i < 2; $i++ ){  ?>
  <tr>
    <th scope="col"></th>
  <?php
   for($i = 0; ($ClubDetails1 =  mysql_fetch_assoc($ClubDetails)) && $i  > 2; $i++ ) {
  echo "<th scope=\"col\"><a href=\"index.php\"> More </a> </th>";	
}

?>
  </tr>
  <?php   } ?>

But obviously its not working either.  What do I need to read about to do this or does anybody know of any examples I can learn from?

I see.  I have now changed the code so the loop is kept separate.  Still its still not working.  I know there is less than 4 results from a count.  I now have an if statement and a separate query for the more button.  My if statement seems to be printing the more button even though the result of the query is less than 4.

<?php 

for($i = 0; ($ClubDetails1 =  mysql_fetch_assoc($ClubDetails)) && $i < 2; $i++ ){  ?>
  <tr>
    <th scope="col"></th>
  <?php
}
     	$qMyClubA = mysql_query("SELECT memberID FROM clubs WHERE memberID =".$User['memberID']."");
$num = mysql_fetch_array($qMyClubA);
 if (count($num)>4) {
"<th scope=\"col\"><a href=\"index.php\"> More </a> </th>";	
}
else{ echo" ";}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.