simple web contact form help

donald7777

Hello, I am trying to use this contact form that emails out. however it wants to be placed beside the file that uses it. However i would need a bunch of these files than for what i am trying to do.

I want it to be set up like this.

website root

|

|

scripts

|

scriptfile

right now its like this

website root

|

|

about

|

|

contact

|

|

script file

here is the from data in my webpage

<form action="FormToEmail.php" method="post">
<table border="0" style="background:#ececec" cellspacing="5">
<tr align="left"><td>Name</td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="name"></td></tr>
<tr align="left"><td>Email address</td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="email"></td></tr>
<tr align="left"><td valign="top">Comments</td><td><textarea name="comments" rows="6" cols="30"></textarea></td></tr>
<tr align="left"><td> </td><td><input type="submit" value="Send"></td></tr>
</table>
</form>

here is the script data

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

$my_email = "test@test.com.com";

$from_email = "";

/*

Optional.  Enter the continue link to offer the user after the form is sent.  If you do not change this, your visitor will be given a continue link to your homepage.

If you do change it, remove the "/" symbol below and replace with the name of the page to link to, eg: "mypage.htm" or "http://www.elsewhere.com/page.htm"

*/

$continue = "/";

/*

Step 3:

Save this file (FormToEmail.php) and upload it together with your webpage containing the form to your webspace.  IMPORTANT - The file name is case sensitive!  You must save it exactly as it is named above!

THAT'S IT, FINISHED!

You do not need to make any changes below this line.

*/

$errors = array();

// Remove $_COOKIE elements from $_REQUEST.

if(count($_COOKIE)){foreach(array_keys($_COOKIE) as $value){unset($_REQUEST[$value]);}}

// Validate email field.

if(isset($_REQUEST['email']) && !empty($_REQUEST['email']))
{

$_REQUEST['email'] = trim($_REQUEST['email']);

if(substr_count($_REQUEST['email'],"@") != 1 || stristr($_REQUEST['email']," ") || stristr($_REQUEST['email'],"\\") || stristr($_REQUEST['email'],":")){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_email = explode("@",$_REQUEST['email']);if(empty($exploded_email[0]) || strlen($exploded_email[0]) > 64 || empty($exploded_email[1])){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{if(substr_count($exploded_email[1],".") == 0){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_domain = explode(".",$exploded_email[1]);if(in_array("",$exploded_domain)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{foreach($exploded_domain as $value){if(strlen($value) > 63 || !preg_match('/^[a-z0-9-]+$/i',$value)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid"; break;}}}}}}

}

// Check referrer is from same site.

if(!(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']))){$errors[] = "You must enable referrer logging to use the form";}

// Check for a blank form.

function recursive_array_check_blank($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(!empty($element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_blank($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_blank($_REQUEST);

if(!$set){$errors[] = "You cannot send a blank form";}

unset($set);

// Display any errors and exit if errors exist.

if(count($errors)){foreach($errors as $value){print "$value<br>";} exit;}

if(!defined("PHP_EOL")){define("PHP_EOL", strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3) == "WIN") ? "\r\n" : "\n");}

// Build message.

function build_message($request_input){if(!isset($message_output)){$message_output ="";}if(!is_array($request_input)){$message_output = $request_input;}else{foreach($request_input as $key => $value){if(!empty($value)){if(!is_numeric($key)){$message_output .= str_replace("_"," ",ucfirst($key)).": ".build_message($value).PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL;}else{$message_output .= build_message($value).", ";}}}}return rtrim($message_output,", ");}

$message = build_message($_REQUEST);

$message = $message . PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL."-- ".PHP_EOL."";

$message = stripslashes($message);

$subject = "Doctor Dave Question";

$subject = stripslashes($subject);

if($from_email)
{

$headers = "From: " . $from_email;
$headers .= PHP_EOL;
$headers .= "Reply-To: " . $_REQUEST['email'];

}
else
{

$from_name = "";

if(isset($_REQUEST['name']) && !empty($_REQUEST['name'])){$from_name = stripslashes($_REQUEST['name']);}

$headers = "From: {$from_name} <{$_REQUEST['email']}>";

}

mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);

?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>
<title>Form To Email PHP script from FormToEmail.com</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">

<div>
<center>
<b>Thank you <?php if(isset($_REQUEST['name'])){print stripslashes($_REQUEST['name']);} ?></b>
<br>Your message has been sent
<p><a href="<?php print $continue; ?>">Click here to continue</a></p>
</center>
</div>

</body>
</html>

thank you.

on a side note the text box wher ei entered this in is anoyying. it jumps and bounces every letter i type.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.