Can't access my site

smra9

Hi, i am learning WordPress and have just started, but i have a problem....when i try to access my site i get this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/smra9/public_html/wp-content/themes/evanescence/functions.php:6) in /home/smra9/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890

when i open pluggable.php and i go to the line 890 it says:

header("Location: $location", true, $status);

i will also copy a text from line 885 to 890 so maybe you will understand better:

if ( $is_IIS ) {

header("Refresh: 0;url=$location");

} else {

if ( php_sapi_name() != 'cgi-fcgi' )

status_header($status); // This causes problems on IIS and some FastCGI setups

header("Location: $location", true, $status);

}

Can anyone help me, i don't know what to do

I have seen this and have also red few similar problems on this forum but still i don't get it..

Check that there's no characters (output) before a starting PHP tag <?PHP    I have check it and it's ok

Check that there's no characters (output) after an ending PHP tag ?>              I don't even have ?> in my php file  :shrug:

can anyone help me or will i have to make a new instalation of wordpress to my site?

Thanks for any help

The error message tells you exactly where the output is done: output started at /home/smra9/public_html/wp-content/themes/evanescence/functions.php:6. That's the file you have to check.

Ken

Wow I am so exhausted right now I didn't even see that. Good job :-P

The error message tells you exactly where the output is done: output started at /home/smra9/public_html/wp-content/themes/evanescence/functions.php:6. That's the file you have to check.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I have checked a file and there were some spaces which i deleted and it works now..

Sorry for my noob questions ;)

Problem solved!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.