php xml not a standard format.

monkeytooth

The raw output is this..

full example: http://instant.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/xml-v1/l-06238/q-engineer/ws-100/si-0/fdb-21/sb-rd/mi-10

I can generally get the value of this stuff.. like if I wanted the "jt" line I can get ENGINEER, and the rest of the data.. what i am having trouble with is getting the attribute (i think thats the right term for this with XML). For example the "src" line it as an attribute "url=" I am trying to figure out how to get that value.. Below is a sample of the raw.. and below that is the code I am working with to load up the XML. I know theres simple_xml but in my case thats not an option so I am working on slightly custom work (as little as it is).

<r>
  <jt>ENGINEER</jt>
  <cn url="">Soldream</cn>
  <src url="http://instant.simplyhired.com/a/job-details/view/jobkey-5109.J3H3036RVZPZ4RFRRKR/jp-0/hits-70?aff_id=2512">CareerBuilder</src>
  <loc cty="Tolland" st="CT" postal="06084" county="" region="" country="US">Tolland, CT</loc>
  <ls>2011-02-20T13:28:39Z</ls>
  <dp>2011-02-18T08:00:00Z</dp>
  <e>Engineer/CNC Machinist Tolland CT2429177 Aerospace MFG Co. seeks MFG/Design Engineer &amp; CNC Machinist with 5+ years of experience in aerospace manufacturing. Duties for engineers include developing new processes, drafting, and CNC programming. CNC Machinist should have knowledge of FANUC control. Send resume to...</e>
  <af></af>

<pl url=""/>
</r>

$feedURL = 'http://instant.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/xml-v1/l-06238/q-engineer/ws-100/si-0/fdb-21/sb-rd/mi-10';
$doc = new DOMDocument();
$doc->load($feedURL);
$arrFeeds = array();
foreach ($doc->getElementsByTagName('r') as $node) {
$itemRSS = array ( 
   'title' => $node->getElementsByTagName('jt')->item(0)->nodeValue,
   'desc' => $node->getElementsByTagName('description')->item(0)->nodeValue,
   'link' => $node->getAttributeNode('src'),
   'date' => $node->getElementsByTagName('pubDate')->item(0)->nodeValue,
   'creator' => $node->getElementsByTagName('creator')->item(0)->nodeValue,
   'permaz' => $node->getElementsByTagName('guid')->item(0)->nodeValue
);
array_push($arrFeeds, $itemRSS);
//print_r($arrFeeds);
}
array_unique($arrFeeds);
?>

DOMDocument::GetElementsByTagName() returns a DOMNodeList, and each item is a DOMNode.  A DOMNode has a hasAttributes() method, and an attributes property of type DOMNamedNodeMap.  I would expect the attributes to be in there, and accessible using DOMNamedNodeMap::getNamedItem()

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.