Adding in while loop

max_w1

hello, i have created a table that desplays perticulars, price per person and number of people. the fees is then calculated by multiplying price per person with number of people. till now everything is good. but the problem is when i try to calculate the total fees.

here is an example to explain you better:

PerticularsPrice Per PersonNumber of peopleAmount

something101001000

something else201002000

Total 3000

$pert_query = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM `perticulars` WHERE `invoice` =$invoice") or die(mysql_error());
$i = 1;
$sum = 0 + $_SESSION['sum'];
 while($perticulars = mysql_fetch_array($pert_query, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
?>
<tr>
      <td style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center"><?php echo $i;
  $i++; 
   ?></div></td>
      <td style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center"><?php echo $perticulars['perticulars']; ?></div></td>
      <td style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center"><?php echo $perticulars['ppc']; ?></div></td>
      <td style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center"><?php echo $perticulars['nop']; ?></div></td>
      <td style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center">
        <?php $amount = $perticulars['ppc'] * $perticulars['nop']; echo $amount; $_SESSION['sum'] = $sum+$amount;?>
      </div></td>
    </tr><?php 
} ?>
    <tr>
      <td colspan="4" style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center">Total</div></td>
      <td style="border-collapse: collapse"><div align="center"><?php echo $sum; ?></div></td>
    </tr>
  </table>

From the above code you can see that i am getting the amount form $amount = $perticulars['ppc'] * $perticulars['nop'];

by this each row has its own amount which i got by multiplying the data from mysql.

the problem is how do i find out the Total. i know i am suppose to add up $amount but how?

i even tired using sessions to store the amount and add the new amount to get total but the problem in using sessions is it messes up my next page, no using session is a very bad idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.