FormMail No Longer Allowed on My Server. Help!

HerrZacharias

I apologize if this isn't the exact right location for this question, but it's the best place I could find.  I work for a small business and the server hosting our website recently disabled FormMail.  We no longer have a webdesigner per se and I've been the one taking care of the website.  Unfortunately the few programming classes I've taken have mostly left me by now and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to find a way to get back our multiple feedback forms.  I'm sure the best thing would be to hire someone, but business hasn't been great and the boss is counting on me, so I'm hoping someone here may have some suggestions.  I've been corresponding with our server trying to get some suggestions on what to do and this is the best they've been able to tell me;

"The reason being that Shared Servers must have

the ability for php/cgi to send mail disabled as a protection against

darkmailer, so any form or scripts that would send mail must be able to

authenticate itself to the server as a valid user."

"If you can find a method to send the

mail without php/cgi, or one that does go through the steps to authenticate as

a valid user (specifically, as you), then we can probably get you all set up."

"The only option at this point would

be to correct your script to authenticate as a valid email user."

"...you would need to change your scripts to

login with a mail user to authenticate and send mail."

Now I'm not completely programming illiterate; I mean, I passed my classes in college, but I can't figure out how to do this.  They say they don't allow any FormMail or FormMail Clones, so I'm fairly lost.  If anyone has any helpful hints or suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Zach

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.